COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING MANAGER
- Are you a talented communications, PR or marketing specialist?
- Do you love developing content for digital media?
- Are you passionate about helping organizations in Myanmar use technology to increase their impact?
- Do you want to use your skills to help build the community at Phandeeyar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact. Our team – the Pandas – count more than 60 people passionate about using technology to make lasting change. We are based in a beautiful 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented communications professional to serve as our Communications & Marketing Manager. The Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all of Phandeeyar’s communications. Your job will be to tell the world about everything that Phandeeyar is doing and to use communications to build our community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing Phandeeyar’s communications and marketing strategy
- Leading Phandeeyar’s marcomms team, and supporting them to deliver high quality content and engagement with our audience
- Running Phandeeyar’s social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Managing Phandeeyar’s website, blog and email program
- Running Phandeeyar’s advertising, including Facebook ads
- Collaborate with our partners and the media to increase attention on tech in Myanmar
- Preparing press releases and developing other marketing and communications materials
- Developing and testing new communications channels, online and offline
- Running workshops and trainings to develop the communications skills of the Phandeeyar team, its partners and its community
- Supporting the other activities of Phandeeyar
Good manager – you have experience leading a team of creative / communications professionals, and you understand how to help people perform at their best, and to be engaged colleagues. You furthermore have proven project management skills.
Excellent writer – you must be a great writer – in both English and Myanmar language. The ability to write in many different mediums – from press releases to social media – is critical.
Digitally savvy – you need to be very comfortable working with digital media and have a great understanding of how it works in Myanmar. At a minimum you will have managed a Facebook page, be familiar with other social media platforms and know an open source CMS such as WordPress. Experience with Facebook advertising and SEO is essential.
Communications/Marketing experience – You must have a minimum of 2-3 years experience working in communications, marketing or PR. This could be at an agency or in-house. Ideally you will have experience developing and managing communications strategies.
Reliable team player – you need to be able to work with a big, diverse team and to juggle many different projects and responsibilities, often with tight timeframes.
Flexible & Adaptable – you need to be comfortable working in a fast moving, rapidly changing work environment.
Fast learner – you will need to be able to learn and apply lots of new skills quickly.
Passion – you must be excited about the potential of technology to drive change and development in Myanmar.
- Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve occasional travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is a start-up community tech hub. As such, it does not have standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form.
- Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: