Technology is having a massive impact on how business is done, and how people communicate, create, transact and collaborate. Phandeeyar, Myanmar’s leading tech hub, is launching a new innovation consulting unit that will transform the country’s leading businesses digitally, help them embrace a fully tech-enabled future, and bring international best practices from the global tech industry to Myanmar’s C-suites. We are now hiring an experienced digital transformation expert to lead Phandeeyar’s innovation consulting work.
As Phandeeyar’s Consulting Lead, you will be building up this new business unit from scratch, and you will be making it a strategic piece of our value proposition to our partners and clients. Building on our mission of advancing positive change in Myanmar using technology, you will refine our hypothesis about supporting the country’s private sector through digital transformation. You will be putting together and leading a team that will deliver tangible digital results for our clients by implementing data-based insights and decision making processes, user-centered product development and management, design thinking practices and other standards for building digital products and creating exponential growth.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to build up an entirely new line of business with the support of an established organization that has a significant track record and lots of resources available in-house. The consulting lead will be placed at the forefront of digital transformation in Myanmar, and is expected to commit to making Phandeeyar’s consulting unit a success.
What you will be doing:
- Defining and refining our consulting value proposition in collaboration with Phandeeyar’s senior management, and taking it to market
- Evangelizing the power of technology to transform how business is done
- Winning consulting business from clients in the Myanmar private sector by demonstrating the potential of technology to radically improve how they operate internally and engage their customers
- Working directly with clients to design projects and identify areas of growth
- Building up the team that will be delivering impact for our clients – by recruiting externally and by deploying Phandeeyar’s existing staff on client teams and projects
- Working with some of Myanmar’s most passionate young professionals
- Exercising a high level of autonomy over your tasks and schedule – while occasionally burning the midnight oil in office to meet an important project deadline
Who you are:
- You’re a business, (wo)man! Even when part of a bigger organization, you think like an entrepreneur, and you’re used to getting things done with the resources available
- You have a consulting or agency background, and you have years of experience owning a P&L and having and meeting sales goals
- You have spent most of your career in tech and/or digital industries, and you are at ease discussing concepts like design thinking, the lean startup model, agile etc.
- You’re an excellent communicator, and you can create winning presentations and narratives that engage your audience
- You’re a team builder, and have a knack for spotting talent at junior and senior levels and getting them excited about your vision
- You are sensitive to the challenges and risks of technology, and delivering responsible solutions that protect the rights and privacy of users and consumers is important to you
All are welcome to apply, and we particularly encourage local candidates. Myanmar experience is required for this role.
The role is based in downtown Yangon. When you are not with clients you will be based at Phandeeyar’s 10,000 sq.ft tech hub on Merchant Road, where we have an excellent in-house coffee shop and a breathtaking river view. Some travel in country and occasionally internationally is expected. You will be part of Phandeeyar’s senior management team, and reporting directly to the CEO. Interested candidates can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.