DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
- ● Are you an awesome data analyst who wants to help lead the data revolution in Myanmar?
- ● Do you want to work with the tech community, civil society and private organizations to accelerate change and development in Myanmar?
- ● Are you passionate about helping civil society organizations, social enterprises, companies and the media use technology to increase their impact?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as a data analyst. As a data analyst on our team, you will work with local NGOs, CSOs, Government Partners and private organizations to leverage the power of data to meet their goals as well as our own. You will scrutinise information and enable Phandeeyar and its partners to make more informed decisions and have a greater impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Collecting and interpreting data
- ● Analyzing results
- ● Reporting the results back to the relevant stakeholder of the program
- ● Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- ● Working alongside teams to establish program needs
- ● Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- ● Develop documented processes and tools for you and the rest of the team
- ● Provide data analysis training for the community.
Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative, can mobilize resources, and solves problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Degree – A degree in the following subjects is a plus : Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistic, Economics
Technical expertise – You are proficient with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Strong analytical skills : Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Communications – You’re a good communicator and able to communicate technical concepts effectively and concisely to non-techies. You are able to write clear documentation in English.
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You need to be excited about using technology and open data to improve Myanmar. If you have contributed to open source projects and/or civic tech projects before, it will be a bonus.
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, you may also be requested to work from home.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.For more information please visit: