DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
Digital Marketing Communications Manager (Senior)
- ● Are you a talented communications, PR and digital marketing specialist?
- ● Do you love developing content for digital media?
- ● Are you passionate about helping organizations in Myanmar use technology to increase their impact?
- ● Do you want to use your skills to help build the community at Phandeeyar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact. Our team – the Pandas – count more than 60 people passionate about using technology to make lasting change. We are based in a beautiful 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented digital marketing communications professional to serve as our Communications & Marketing Manager. The role is responsible for managing all of Phandeeyar’s communications in strategic for long-term. This also includes leading on our marketing consultancy offer, and being responsible for our events and media relations. This is an amazing opportunity to apply your marketing skills to a nationwide, sector leading product portfolio. Your role will be hugely varied, you will have excellent evaluation skills to inform your product strategies from concept development to media planning and campaign analysis.Your job will be to tell the world about everything that Phandeeyar is doing and to use communications to build our community.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Create strategic communication plans and/or content roadmaps to support the marketing and/or communication goals of the various practice areas by collaborating with business development leads, creative services team and internal stakeholders
- ● Developing Phandeeyar products portfolio applying insight to multi media campaigns
- ● Evaluate and report on practice-driven marketing communication campaigns, make strategic recommendations for further brand extension to increase attention on tech in Myanmar
- ● Build upon standards to ensure content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style and quality and optimized for search and user experience across all channels
- ● Manage the day-to-day, provide strategic guidance and support individual professional growth and development to a team of marketing communication
- ● Partner with digital marketing team on marketing automation, deployment of content marketing solution, content enhancements for website and other digital tools to support communication initiatives
- ● Running Phandeeyar’s advertising in social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and managing Phandeeyar’s website, blog and email program
- ● Preparing press releases and developing other marketing and communications materials
- ● Running workshops and trainings to develop the communications skills of the Phandeeyar team, its partners and its community
- ● Supporting the other activities of Phandeeyar
Good manager – you have experience leading a team of creative / communications professionals, and you understand how to help people perform at their best, and to be engaged colleagues. You furthermore have proven project management skills.
Excellent writer – you must be a great writer – in both English and Myanmar language. The ability to write in many different mediums – from press releases to social media – is critical.
Digitally savvy – you need to be very comfortable working with digital media and have a great understanding of how it works in Myanmar. At a minimum you will have managed a Facebook page, be familiar with other social media platforms and know an open source CMS such as WordPress. Experience with Facebook advertising and SEO is essential.
Communications/Marketing experience – You must have a minimum of 2-3 years experience working in communications, marketing or PR. This could be at an agency or in-house. Ideally you will have experience developing and managing communications strategies.
Reliable team player – you need to be able to work with a big, diverse team and to juggle many different projects and responsibilities, often with tight time-frames.
Flexible & Adaptable – you need to be comfortable working in a fast moving, rapidly changing work environment.
Fast learner – you will need to be able to learn and apply lots of new skills quickly.
Passion – you must be excited about the potential of technology to drive change and development in Myanmar.
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.