JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
Digital Right Manager
- ● Are you passionate about protecting and promoting digital rights in Myanmar?
- ● Do you have a strong background in internet policy, public policy and/or legal research?
- ● Are you excited to bring positive impacts of technology and digital transformation in Myanmar?
- ● Do you want to use your skills and knowledge to advocate for legal reform, to conduct research, to organize meetups, training and workshops to support the community?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,500 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Last year we held over 100 events, including Financial Literacy Hackathon, Data for Change Hackathon, Startup Challenges, Myanmar Digital Rights Forum and Innovation Bus programs.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented community person to serve as its Digital Rights Program Manager. The Digital Rights Program Manager will be responsible for implementing digital rights activities including conducting research, legal and policy analysis and organizing advocacy trips, public campaigns, workshops and training with the Digital Rights Team under Phandeeyar’s Social Impact Program.
Key responsibilities include:
- ➤ Lead implementation of SIDA digital rights activities by developing detailed work plans and coordinating the work of other implementing partners
- ➤ Lead coordination and communication with the implementing partners in planning and implementing SIDA activities to ensure activities are implemented in line with compliances and SIDA’s requirements
- ➤ Plan and organise large events, workshops and trainings including Myanmar Digital Rights Forums
- ➤ Develop research plan and lead research activities for digital rights issues in Myanmar
- ➤ Support in accurate and timely activities reporting by drafting reports for donors.
- ➤ Develop expense reports and payment requests
- ➤ Coordinate with Finance team in managing project budgets
- ➤ Collaborate with Lead Evaluation and Monitoring Activities in line with the SIDA’s requirements work closely with internal teams, implementing partners, key stakeholders
- ➤ Ensure compliance with Phandeeyar and SIDA’s policies and procedures
Research, Advocacy and External Communications:
- ➤ Monitor digital rights issues and policy development in Myanmar
- ➤ Support in identifying issues for advocacy, research, training and campaign activities
- ➤ Contribute to translating materials, drafting advocacy reports, press release, public statements, open letters and engaging with external key stakeholders
- ➤ Represent Phandeeyar in meetings with different stakeholders
- ➤ Contribute to Phandeeyar’s strategy on digital rights issues
Highly organized – You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects with limited supervision, often on tight timelines, and you have excellent attention to detail.
Passionate about technology and data – You should be very comfortable with datasets. You are passionate about continually learning new skills in technology, data science and data visualization.
Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Please submit your application to Phandeeyar Job Application Form explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: