DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
- ● Do you love working with people?
- ● Are you good at Interpersonal (people) skills to work with people who are excited about what they’re doing?
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, Startup Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is seeking an extraordinary HR person to closely partner with People Lead Manager and COO to engage and develop our talent and contribute to building the HR team.This role demands a super-organized and highly reliable professional to help us as we scale our rapidly growing company. The successful HR supervisor acts as an employee champion and change agent and assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. You should have the ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks, being able to be strategic one minute and then roll up your sleeves and look into the details the next.
If you are someone who thrives in a rapidly growing culture, who loves to collect, analyze and transform people data into positive solutions, and loves creating transparent structure and processes, we want to meet you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing Day to Day HR Operations:
- ∘ Handle day to day HR-related questions and help resolve work-related problems.
- ∘ Develop, revise, communicate organization and personnel policies and procedures and promote the understanding of our practices
- ∘ Maintain and revise the organization’s handbook on policies and procedures
- ∘ Retain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records
- ∘ Maintain up to date employee records,benefits and leaves of all team members.
- ∘ Mediate any personnel issues such as disagreements among employees in a discrete manner.
- ∘ Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- ∘ Monitoring the HR tools and systems
- Help Building the Team:
- ∘ Supervise the team in planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions especially in Com & Ben, HRD and Recruiting
- ∘ Develop, analyze and update the HR relationship and engagement program
- ∘ Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- ∘ Conducting new employee orientations and exit interview
- ∘ Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other sensitive issues
- ∘ Nurture a positive working environment within an organization and HR team
- Supporting the overall People Strategy:
- ∘ Support HR Manager with all HR related initiatives such as performance reviews, evaluating compensation scales, performing exit interviews.
- ∘ Regularly update HR Manager on any personnel issues.
- ∘ Help build a strong and compelling culture through workshops and team building programs.
- ∘ Administer on-the-job training programs and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs
- ∘ Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
Required Skills and Competencies
- ● 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource management roles
- ● Familiarity with Google Drive software such as Google Doc (Word), Google Sheet (Excel) and Google Slides (PowerPoint)
- ● Fluent in English ( Advanced Level ) and has experience in reporting
● Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations
● Preferred experience in using HR software and tools( SAP, Cloud-based)
Interpersonal (people) skills – You enjoy mentoring and helping others to develop skills and become more effective. You are a team player and maintain a positive attitude and patience in challenging situations. You can exercise sound judgment and discretion and be trustworthy to maintain confidential information.
Analytical Skills – You are able to picture big and use common sense to interpret problems and find sensible solutions. You can anticipate potential issues and come up with solutions to overcome them. You are able to remain focused when facing competing demands.
Adaptability skills – You are comfortable and able to manage through frequent change. You are flexible with imagining the big picture as well as working in very detail oriented assignments.
Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done and taking on a variety of tasks. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have impeccable attention to detail.
Basic Computer skills – You should be proficient with using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Communications skills– You’re a strong communicator with solid written and spoken Myanmar and good written and spoken English skills. You are able to deliver presentations in both English and Myanmar.
Excited about our mission – Phandeeyar is trying to use technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.