Impact Measurement Senior Associate
- Do you speak fluent Myanmar language and English?
- Are you a talented data whiz?
- Do you love providing strategic, evidence-based support to an organization?
- Are you looking to use your analytical, communication and strategic skills to help structure an organization?
- Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) was established in 2014 to support Myanmar’s digital leapfrog. It is a community tech hub that is spearheading the development of the country’s tech and social innovation ecosystem. Phandeeyar does this in two ways: firstly, by building the pool of tech talent, investing in local startups and training founders; secondly, by helping change agents use technology to increase the impact of their work. Over the last five years Phandeeyar, and its forerunner Code for Change Myanmar, have demonstrated the enormous potential to use technology to support Myanmar’s transition and to develop products and approaches that could be used in other developing countries.
In order to better assess our impact, understand how we create value for our community and internally, Phandeeyar is implementing an impact measurement system in 2019. This will help us better collect critical data about progress and outcomes of our activities, and use the aggregate of that data to generate insights and better plan for delivering on our mission. What’s important about this system is that it will be able to define and capture indicators of impact across all of our activities spanning the startups (e.g. more focused on financial performance and growth) and the social impact work including, Digital literacy training, Social media campaign, Open Data work.
Key responsibilities include
The Impact Measurement Specialist will be essential for the following:
- Define what impact means to Phandeeyar
- Use existing data to plan for optimal outcomes
- Understanding to what extent we are achieving our mission
- Better understand how allocated resources – people and money – contribute to Phandeeyar’s impact
- Indicate areas of underperformance
- Highlight which investees, supporters and community partners are most effective in creating impact
- Demonstrate how we contribute to positive change
- Communicate how we achieve results, to both internal and external stakeholders
- Guiding ongoing internal learning process to facilitate link between impact measurement system and day-to-day monitoring
- Experience managing the design and implementation of Impact Evaluation and/or M&E activities of large-scale projects, preferably related to both economic growth and civic society
- Understanding of data management and basic principles of database design and analysis
- Strong communicator, being able to communicate complex data in an easily comprehensible way both internally as well as externally
- Strong experience working with Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Understanding and experience with program monitoring, baseline, midterm and final evaluations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Background in applied research methodology
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and statistical software packages
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines
- This role may entail some travel within Myanmar
Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.For more information please visit: