JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST IMPACTFUL TEAM
Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
- ● Are you enthusiastic to empower marginalized communities in Myanmar?
- ● Are you looking for a place to accelerate building and using your knowledge and skills in monitoring and evaluation?
- ● Are you excited to work with a community highly leveraging digital skills to amplify impact in Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon.
Phandeeyar is currently implementing an 18-month project contributing to the poverty reduction, realisation of rights and improved well-being of the most marginalised, including women and girls, LGBT people, ethnic minorities and people living with HIV in Myanmar, wherein Christian Aid is the main source of funding.
Monitoring and Evaluation Associate will be responsible for data collection from both internal and external data sources, data management on Airtable and Google spreadsheet, data analysis, and most importantly M&E related report writing for Christian Aid. Desk research (timely update information of project-related activities and organizations in Myanmar contributing to this thematic area, and report findings of other organizations strongly related to this project) will also be one of the key roles for the Associate.
Internally, s/he will work closely with the business development unit and grant unit as a team member, while s/he will also frequently work with program teams to conduct M&E. S/he will also have a great opportunity to build network with project-related external organizations such as private sector, local CSO, media institutions, government institutions, academic institutions, political parties, and INGO/international agencies.
S/he will directly report to Impact Measurement and M&E Specialist.
- ● Lead data collection through survey, key informant interviews, and focus group discussion.
- ● Lead data entry, data coding, and data management on Google Spreadsheet and Airtable.
- ● Conduct desk research in order to obtain the contextual and timely facts, and baseline data of the project implemented by Phandeeyar.
- ● Support the development and establishment of appropriate indicators, targets, data collection tools, documentation systems and management information systems for monitoring and evaluation.
- ● Lead delivering M&E reports
- ● Experience in statistical and data-driven report writing
- ● Experience in data collection, data entry, data coding, and data analysis through online and offline tools.
- ● Computer skills such as working with Google spreadsheet (excel).
- ● Experience in monitoring and evaluation and research.
- ● Experience in developing online and offline survey questions
- ● Moderate oral and written English communication skills
- ● Experience in translating English to Myanmar/Myanmar to English and ability to use Myanmar Unicode
- ● Ability to use visualization tools such as Data Studio and PowerBI skills as well as statistical software packages such as Stata and SPSS.
- ● Experience in collecting data from Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- ● Knowledge about Myanmar politics, digital rights and digital security, digital literacy, hate speech and disinformation.
- ● Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines
- ● Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- ● Availability to travel for field trips around the country in Myanmar
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, you may also be requested to work from home.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.For more information please visit: