DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
- ● Are you an awesome person able to manage different tasks in parallel
- ● Are you good at Interpersonal (people) skills to meet with new people, build a network of ecosystem players?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, Startup Challenge and Accelerator Program.
New Ventures – Associate role is to support the New Ventures team in delivering impactful ecosystem activities in Myanmar and the Asia Pacific region, engaging with entrepreneurs, and advocating for digital transformation to private organizations. In addition, the Associate will be supporting the New Ventures team in engaging with startups in the portfolio and founders for potential investment opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Implementation of the ecosystem activities (Hackathons, webinars, research…) through content writing, announcements, stage master and handling participants complaints
- ● Supporting the recruitment and digital marketing campaigns which includes social media planning, data collection, conversion of interest into participants and executing creative campaigns
- ● Developing and reviewing the customer experience journey for participants in the ecosystem activities
- ● Maintaining a database of potential candidates for future activities
- ● Conducting research and identify areas of suggestion for digital transformation consultation
- ● Sourcing and network with potential entrepreneurs through professional groups on social media and during events
- ● Manage a database of entrepreneurs and startup founders for screening and investment CRM
- ● Involve in portfolio management through financial analysis, research and strategic meetings with the startups
Entrepreneurial mindset – You must have a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship. Ideally, you will have started something yourself or will have helped to create something new.
Excited about tech businesses – You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you need to be excited about tech businesses. Bonus points if you already have a good knowledge and understanding of tech businesses and especially tech startups.
Interpersonal (people) skills – You enjoy meeting new people, building a network of potential candidates. Maintain a positive attitude and patience in challenging situations. You’ll be able to participate in team goals’ achievements with the ability to work effectively both in groups as well as autonomously.
Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done in time effectively and efficiently. You demonstrate to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high volume environment. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Communications – You need to be fluent in Myanmar with solid written and spoken English and good English written skills.
Curious – You may work on a diverse range of tasks… You embrace the diversity of our activities and understand how each of them fits Phandeeyar’s mission.
- ● Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve occasional travel around the country.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is a start-up community tech hub. As such, it does not have standard office hours (9 am-5 pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however, there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
- ● Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.