DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
Phandeeyar Institute Social Media & Communication Specialist
● Are you passionate about social media marketing and love creating engaging content?
● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to transform Myanmar Education?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, Startup Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
We are looking for a passionate and creative Social Media & Communication Specialist to join our Phandeeyar Institute team under the supervision of the Marketing and Communication Manager. You will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media marketing roadmap, interacting and engaging with students, promoting new training activities and opportunities and also communicating the impact of Phandeeyar Institute. Phandeeyar Institute’s mission is to build a skilled professional workforce for the future of Myanmar. You will have a unique opportunity to work in a startup environment that offers a high level of autonomy on the job and also help bring the quality online education to people all over Myanmar to pursue the work they love.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Develop, implement, manage social media strategy and roadmap through competitive research, benchmarking and audience analysis
- ● Define most important social media KPIs and measure the success of social media campaigns
- ● Use analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other analytical tools to monitor and evaluate the social media presence and performance
- ● Write, edit and publish engaging copies for various communication channels including Facebook, Linkedin, Email Newsletters and Web pages
- ● Optimize social media posts (language, tone and message) based on the target audience’s behaviors
- ● Interact and engage with the community on our social channels
- ● Collaborate and coordinate with creative, sales and product development teams
Social media marketing experience – You must have proven working experience in social media marketing with a solid understanding of how each social media channel works, social media KPIs, SEO and target audience research
Copywriting – You are a great writer, you can communicate and articulate the message concisely with key points in writing in both Myanmar and English
Excited about pioneering Myanmar Higher Education – You don’t need to have experience of designing training programs but you love learning yourself and are interested in creating new engaging and impactful learning activities for others.
Strong communicator – You need to be fluent in Myanmar. You should also have decent English – it doesn’t need to be perfect, but you do need to be able to work in English.
An eye for visual design – You don’t need to be a graphic designer, but you do need to have a strong sense of how to visually communicate a message, and you have a deep appreciation for good design.
Highly resourceful & adaptable – You are great at figuring things out. When we don’t have the answer, you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself. You’re also highly flexible and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, you may also be requested to work from home.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.For more information please visit: