JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
Product Manager for Dr. Thuta Chatbot
- ● Are you an awesome product manager who wants to help with Myanmar combat COVID-19?
- ● Do you have experience in social media and content management and want to use your skills to raise public awareness about COVID-19?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,500 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as the Product Manager. The Product Manager will be responsible for managing Dr. Thuta Chatbot, an informational chatbot and Facebook page, aims to provide the public with timely information about the novel coronavirus and tips for staying healthy and safe during this pandemic. The product manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the project circle: working closely with software developers, content teams, testing the product, and getting users’ feedback.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- ● Liaison between software developer, content team, and the donor.
- ● Create strategic communication plans and/or content roadmaps to support the marketing and/or communication goals for Dr. Thuta chatbot
- ● Content writing, social media marketing, and oversee the distribution of Dr. Thuta chatbot
- ● Evaluate and report on practice-driven marketing communication campaigns, make strategic recommendations for further brand extension to increase attention on Dr. Thuta
- ● Work with the Impact specialist to design and evaluate the impact of the product
- ● Manage grants, report to donors and stay compliant with donor terms & conditions
Social media/Marketing experience – Prior experience working in communications, marketing or PR is a big plus. This could be at an agency or in-house. Ideally, you will have experience in developing and managing a social media campaign.
Excellent Project management and Product management skills – You have at least 2 years of experience in project management. You are great at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Great people skills: You’re a people person. You love bringing people together and you have the interpersonal skills to help build and support the community.
Communications: You’re a good communicator with solid written and spoken Myanmar and good written and spoken English skills. You are comfortable translating interviews and writing tech and data related topics on Facebook.
Sectoral experience: Experience working in the tech sector is desirable. Experience working in or with NGOs/civil society and/or media would be a bonus. A medical background is a bonus.
Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: