JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
- ● Are you an active member of the Myanmar tech community?
- ● Are excited to help Myanmar people embrace civic tech products?
- ● Do you want to use your skills to support in the upcoming 2020 Myanmar Election?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,500 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as the Project Associate in Tech for Change Team. The Project Associate will be responsible for assisting with a project on the upcoming 2020 general election (VoteMM). Your job will be to help write content and manage the outreach and distribution of materials related to the project.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Content writing, social media marketing, and leading the distribution of tech and data products related to Myanmar Election
- ● Working on programs and content to help identify and meet the technology and data needs of Myanmar voters, civil society organizations and independent media
- ● Coordinating with media houses on outreach strategies for ways to best engage Myanmar voters with civic tech and data products.
Communications: You’re a good communicator with solid written and spoken Myanmar and good written and spoken English skills. You are comfortable translating interviews and writing tech, data and election related topics on Facebook.
Passionate about technology: You don’t need to be a full stack engineer, but you should be comfortable with technology and working with developers and data scientists. You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are always learning for opportunities to improve.
Organizational skills: You are great at getting things done quickly. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.You are creative at finding ways to come up with solutions.
Great people skills: You’re a people person. You love bringing people together and you have the interpersonal skills to help build and support the community.
Sectoral experience: Experience working in the marketing and public relations sector is desirable. Experience working in or with NGOs/civil society and/or media would be a bonus.
- ● Knowledge on Myanmar Election processes
- ● Marketing/social media skills/content writing related to project activities
- ● Having a good grasp on concepts behind data analysis and data visualization, along with knowledge on relevant tools (such as Tableau, Google Data Studios) is welcomed.
- ● Knowing one or more programming languages is a plus.
Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: