JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
- ● Are you an active member of the Myanmar tech community?
- ● Are excited to help grow Myanmar’s civic tech ecosystem?
- ● Do you want to use your skills to organize events, meetups and workshops to support the community?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,500 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as the Project Manager in Tech for Change Team. The Project Manager will be responsible for designing and shaping civic tech programs along with the Tech for Change Manager, as well as assisting with existing projects, primarily one related to the upcoming 2020 general election. Your job will be to help make Phandeeyar a community hub for civic technology and open data.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Supporting and organizing activities/programs with Tech for Change Manager to support the development of civic-tech initiatives in Myanmar
- ● Content writing, social media marketing, and leading the distribution of tech and data products
- ● Working on programs and helping to identify and to meet the technology needs of civil society organizations and independent media
- ● Providing and support to training programs for the civic tech community, including building a network of trainers
- ● Being able to lead in activities such as hackathons and other similar events to bring the various tech and data communities together with Tech for Change Manager
Passionate about technology: You don’t need to be a full stack engineer (although that would be ideal!), but you should be comfortable with technology and working with developers and data scientists. You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are always learning for opportunities to improve.
Organizational skills: You are great at getting things done quickly. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.You are creative at finding ways to come up with solutions.
Great people skills: You’re a people person. You love bringing people together and you have the interpersonal skills to help build and support the community.
Communications: You’re a good communicator with solid written and spoken Myanmar and good written and spoken English skills. You are comfortable translating interviews and writing tech and data related topics on Facebook.
Sectoral experience: Experience working in the tech sector is desirable. Experience working in or with NGOs/civil society and/or media would be a bonus.
- ● Knowledge on Myanmar Election processes
- ● Marketing/social media skills/content writing related to project activities
- ● Knowing one or more programming languages is a plus.
- ● Having a good grasp on concepts behind data analysis and data visualization, along with knowledge on relevant tools (such as Tableau, Google Data Studios) is welcomed.
Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.