DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
Senior Associate (Strategy & Impact)
- ● Are you fluent Myanmar language and English?
- ● Do you love strategic thinking?
- ● Are you an aspiring data person?
- ● Do you want to put your analytical mind to good use?
- ● Are you a dedicated team player?
- ● Do you want to be part of one of Myanmar’s most innovative tech hubs?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) was established in 2014 to support Myanmar’s digital leapfrog. It is a community tech hub that is spearheading the development of the country’s tech and social innovation ecosystem. Phandeeyar does this in two ways: firstly, by building the pool of tech talent, investing in local startups and training founders; secondly, by helping change agents use technology to increase the impact of their work. Over the last five years Phandeeyar, and its forerunner Code for Change Myanmar, have demonstrated the enormous potential to use technology to support Myanmar’s transition and to develop products and approaches that could be used in other developing countries.
In order to better assess our impact, understand how we create value for our community and as an organisation, Phandeeyar is developing an impact measurement system in 2019. This will help us better collect critical data about progress and outcomes of our activities, and use the aggregate of that data to generate insights and better plan for delivering on our mission. What’s important about this system is that it will be able to define and capture indicators of impact across all of our activities spanning the startup accelerator (e.g. focused on financial performance and growth) and the social impact work including digital literacy training, social media campaigning, and the open data work.
Key responsibilities include
The Senior Associate (Strategy & Impact) will be essential for the following:
- ● Help further define what impact means to Phandeeyar
- ● Communicate how we contribute to positive change and how we achieve those results, to both internal and external stakeholders
- ● Better understand how allocated resources – people and money – contribute to Phandeeyar’s outcomes and strategy
- ● Highlight which investees, supporters and community partners are most effectively supporting impact of Phandeeyar’s activities
- ● Indicate areas of underperformance
- ● Assess to what extent we are making progress towards our strategic mission
- ● Guiding ongoing internal learning processes to facilitate the link between impact data and day-to-day programme implementation
- ● Be a strategic thinker with an analytical and inquisitive mindset
- ● Be comfortable in data collection, analysis and management, including quantitative and qualitative data – comfortable with large quantities of data
- ● Experience with data analysis software preferred – can be Excel, Stata etc
- ● Have proven experience with different research methodologies
- ● Either: Have knowledge of/experience in strategic planning (either in the private and public sector) or monitoring and evaluation (development sector)
- ● Be an independent problem solver
- ● Enjoy working with and supporting teams
- ● Be flexible and enjoy working in on always new challenges in a creative and fast progressing environment
- ● Subscribe to Phandeeyar’s strategic vision and organisational values
- ● English and Myanmar language skills required
- ● Effective communicator, able to summarise and showcase complex data in a comprehensive and easily digestible/understandable way
Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.