- Are you an experienced program manager?
- Do you love working on big problems and challenges?
- Are you passionate about supporting civil society to use technology to increase their impact?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented senior manager to support Phandeeyar social impact efforts. You will be responsible for leading Phandeeyar’s work with civil society, government and independent media.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Social impact director to support Phandeeyar social impact activities e.g digital rights program, election work, and safer internet
- Working with Phandeeyar’s Social impact director to define goals, budget and allocate resources towards programs
- Expanding and developing new partnerships with local and international partners
- Managing and mentoring the team to ensure that Phandeeyar delivers high impact projects and meets donors’ requirements
- Collaborate with Phandeeyar’s Business Development & Grants team to develop new funding proposals, manage grants, report to donors and stay compliant with donors
- Organizing events, workshops, and conference
- Supporting other Phandeeyar initiatives as necessary
Program Management – You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You have at least 5 years of experience in program management. You will be able to juggle multiple tasks and organize a team to effectively deliver on commitments.
Communication – You’re an excellent communicator with great written and spoken English. You will be as comfortable speaking to a group of peers as you will be pitching to an international donor or briefing tech companies.
Mentoring and Training – You are great at working one on one with senior civil society leaders and journalists, as well as helping them work with others. You will also be able to develop resources and run workshops. Prior experience as a trainer will be highly valuable.
Passion – You will be passionate about making a difference and excited to use and expand your skills to take on new issues as they emerge.
Sectoral experience – It would be highly useful to have experience working in human rights, digital rights, election, law, and/or journalists. This could be at local or international NGOs, think tanks, market research companies, academic institutions or news media organizations.
- Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
For more information please visit: