JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Do you love working with people?
- Are you good at Interpersonal (people) skills to meet with new people, build a network of potential candidates?
- Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, Startup Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Recruitment Specialist is to undertake all hiring activities, from the open role until the end-to-end hiring process with full energy and a passion for finding top talent, and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This role needs strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills and to have experience evaluating candidates for roles of various fields and seniority levels. Liaise the bridge of recruiting for positions in developing countries and/or in the social impact and commercial sector in the technology industry. The recruitment specialist works closely with people lead manager, and with COO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Executing the organization’s recruiting strategy
- Overseeing the hiring process end-to-end, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks and fill vacancies in a timely manner
- Interview candidates in-person for a wide range of roles (junior to executive level)
- Develop and review the recruiting policies and procedures
- Serving as a go-between for candidates and hiring managers
- Report on the progress of hiring plan weekly, quarterly and annually
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings
- Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
- Helping in writing job descriptions and working closely with the hiring manager
- Be proactive, think strategically, and network early in search of stellar candidates for all positions.
- Sourcing and network with potential hires to qualified candidates through professional groups on social media and during events
- Host and participate in job fairs
- Recommend system improvements to current recruitment processes to ensure streamlined, cost-effective, high-quality services are provided to hiring managers.
- Track hiring metrics, applicant flow, maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates for future consideration, help collect and analyze recruitment data.
- Represent Phandeeyar with professionalism, enthusiasm, and energy to sell the organization to prospective candidates. Solicit and prioritize internal referrals.
- Manage the intern program and the international and local network of university
Professional experience – Degree holders with the solid foundational knowledge of HR concepts and understanding of employment laws is a plus. Excellent oral and written communication and representational skills. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases including applicant tracking systems.
Interpersonal (people) skills – You enjoy meeting new people, build a network of potential candidates. Maintain a positive attitude and patience in challenging situations. You’ll be able to participate in team goals’ achievements with the ability to work effectively both in groups as well as autonomously.
Trustworthy/reliable – You’ll be handling some confidential documents and important to maintain relationships with people and be trustworthy to have HR ethics of keeping confidential information.
Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done in time effectively and efficiently. You demonstrate to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high volume environment. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Communications – You need to be fluent in Myanmar with solid written and spoken English and good English written skills. At a minimum, you need to have some understanding of effective oral and written communication skills as well. Flexibility and adaptability to a continually changing environment
Resourceful – You are great at figuring things out. We often don’t have the answer, but you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself. Self-motivated, ability to plan, prioritize and problem-solve independently.
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology.
- Other duties as assigned. Phandeeyar is a fast-moving organization, and duties will evolve and change over time.
- Familiarity with Google Drive software such as Google Doc (Word), Google Sheet (Excel) and Google Slides (PowerPoint)
- Ability to work pro-actively and under own initiative to ensure that deadlines are met or queries resolved
- Fluent in English ( Advanced Level ) and has experience in reporting
Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: