JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST IMPACTFUL TEAM
Tech for Peace Associate
- ● Are you interested in making Facebook a friendlier place for everyone in Myanmar?
- ● Do you want to support our social media team to make the Internet a safe, open, and equal space for everybody in Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented community person to serve as its Tech for Peace associate. The Tech for Peace associate will be responsible for supporting the Tech for Peace team in promoting digital literacy and fostering a safer internet culture in Myanmar.
Key responsibilities include:
- ➤ Supporting the Tech for Peace Manager in Tech for Peace Projects And Activities
- ➤ Providing, and supporting digital literacy trainings
- ➤ Creating textual, graphic, and audiovisual content on Tech for Peace topics such as media literacy, digital literacy, storytelling, and social media leadership for the Tech for Peace websites and social media pages
- ➤ Creating curriculum and training materials for Tech for Peace topics in English and Myanmar language
- ➤ Organizing trainings, fairs, and other events for the Tech for Peace community to learn about Tech for Peace topics
- ➤ Working Programs to help identify and meet the technological needs of civil society organizations, change leaders, and the general public
Organizational skills – You have experience getting things done quickly and in collaboration with others. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative, mobilizes resources, solves problems, and leads others. You can juggle multiple projects and adjust your priorities to meet competing Deadlines.
Great people skills – You’re a people person. You have experience in working with the many stakeholders in Myanmar, including regional and local government, civil society, media, and the general public and have the interpersonal skills to navigate the sometimes sensitive spaces that the Tech for Peace team works in.
Passionate about technology–You Don’t Need Beafullstackengineer, but should be comfortable with using technology to amplify content and create sustainable change. This may include experiences using Facebook tools to promote content, creating and maintaining accessible digital platforms to host content, or creating social media campaigns.
Communications – You’re a good communicator with very strong written and spoken Myanmar and good written and spoken English skills. You are comfortable translating, researching, and writing copy, and tailoring your communications products for different audiences on social media. Journalism and/or communication skills are a plus.
Sectoral experience – Experience working in the tech sector or the peace sector is desirable. Experience working in or with NGOs/civil society and/or media is desirable. Knowledge of Digital and media literacy is a plus.
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, you may also be requested to work from home.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: